People often make the mistake of not visiting the dentist regularly because they do not know its importance. Visiting the dentist at least twice a year is a must because it helps with the following:
- Keeps tooth decay at bay
- Kills any bacteria that causes bad breath
- Protects you from gum disease – which can lead to bone loss
- Makes your teeth stronger
- Helps maintain the color of your teeth
- Keeps or enhances your beautiful smile
- Boosts your confidence
- Is the dentist licensed to perform dental procedures?
- Does the dentist explain the benefits and risks of the dental procedure?
- Did the dentist take the time to assess your medical and dental records?
- Does the dentist explain why you need to spend this amount of money for the dental procedure?
- Is the dentist’s office near and accessible?
- Is the dentist’s office clean and orderly?
- Are the dental appointments hassle-free?
These are only a few and you should know that you can ask your dentist anything to put your mind at ease. It is best to choose a dentist that you’re comfortable with because going to the dentist is a life-long commitment.
The American Dental Association recommends that dental checkups are done every 6 months. Here are ways to take care of your teeth in-between visits:
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue.
- Don’t skip flossing.
- Refrain from bad oral habits, including chewing hard foods, smoking, teeth grinding, and more.
Gum disease or periodontitis is a gum infection that can lead to tooth loss if left untreated. This can begin as gingivitis or gum inflammation. The good news is that this is preventable. You just need to practice good oral habits and avoid things that can damage your teeth. Here are the common signs and symptoms of periodontitis:
- Swollen gums
- Bad breath
- Blood when brushing or flossing
- Loose teeth
- Receding gum line
- Extreme sensitivity of tooth and gums
A smile makeover is a comprehensive set of procedures for enhancing the overall look of your teeth. Depending on the condition of your teeth, one or more cosmetic procedures will be done including the following:
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Implants
- Dental Bonding
When you opt for a smile makeover, your dentist will come up with a unique course of treatment to address your specific needs. You will definitely have the smile you desire.